With the Gold Coast Airport Marathon fast approaching as one of the biggest endurance events around here in Australia, I thought it’s a good time to revisit the 10 biggest mistakes endurance athletes make (in terms of training and race nutrition).
These are errors a lot of athletes, myself included, have made over the years and continue to do so.
Hopefully the info here will help you be your best.
Top 10 Mistakes
- Excess Hydration
- Simple Sugar Consumption
- Improper Amounts of Calories
- Inconsistent Electrolyte Supplementation
- No Protein Intake During Prolonged Exercise
- Too Much Solid Food During Exercise
- Using Something New In A Race Without Having Tested It In Training
- Sticking With Your Game Plan Even When ItÃ’s Not Working
- Inadequate Post-Workout Nutrition
- Improper Pre-Race Fueling
Part Of The Endurance Athlete’s Guide To Success
The above list is from our hugely popular 72-page FREE ebook The Endurance Athlete’s Guide To Success. It’s been downloaded in excess of 70,000 times and is a “must read” for athletes.
It’s a free PDF file – click here to take a look.
We’ve also broken it down into bite-sized chunks – click here for the sections bit by bit.
Hope that helps.