How Hammer Thinks
Serious Endurance Athletes know that knowledge is power. This area of our site contains information on endurance fuels, supplements, diet, and much much more – all to help you with your endurance training and racing. We want you to get faster, stronger, and healthier by being better informed.
While reading this information, please keep in mind that all views expressed will always be biased in favor of eating a healthy diet, hard training that emphasizes quality over quantity, and prudent supplementation to improve health and performance. But above all, we believe there are no short cuts, and success can only come from hard work.
- Less is Best
- Carbohydrates 101
- Hydration 101
- Top 10 Biggest Nutrition Mistakes
- Proper Fueling
- Electrolyte Replenishment
- Why Protein?
- How Much Protein?
Learn how to prevent yourself from bonking – overexertion or running out of energy during a work out.
- Recovery – A Crucial Component for Athletic Success
- Proper Fueling – Pre-workouts & Race Suggestions
- Less is Best – The Right Way to Fuel
I always seem to be dehydrated, what can I do about it?
Endurance athletes are training longer and harder than ever before which requires longer recovery time. So how do I recover faster?
Why am I cramping and how can I eliminate it? Learn about the common causes and approaches to prevention.
- The 10 Biggest Mistakes Endurance Athletes Make
- Electrolyte Replenishment – Why It’s So Important and How to Do It Right
- How should a person replace electrolytes and fluids during endurance efforts?
I have stomach problems during a race, including bour not limited to cramping and nausea.