As usual, I took 3 bidons of HEED with me.
But when I went to grab some gels I found I only had 1. So I tossed a banana into my pocket and off I set.
- I had the first gel about an hour into the ride (quite a hilly ride).
- I had the banana 2 hours into the ride.
- I kept up with the HEED (but ran out about 20 km from home).
Heart Rate Went From 126 to 153
When I’m riding on the flat my heart rate stays constant at around 126. I noticed that in the last hour of this ride, even when I was on the flat, my heart rate went to 153 and stayed there.
- I assume my heart rate went up because I had no fuel?
- Was the banana the right choice?
- What else could I have eaten?
- Why is the sky blue?