Hammer Nutrition looks forward to working with Kingston SE Triathlon.
Hammer will be providing you with the world’s best Endurance Nutrition and the right nutritional advice.
Our aim is to ensure that you fuel correctly so you can achieve your best possible result.
Triathletes demand and expect a high level of performance from their bodies. Their Sports nutrition needs to supply the best possible ingredients in the right format to meet the athlete’s requirements. You also need to be armed with the right information to use the products correctly.
These are the 6 basic topics you must know about your nutrition. Take 15 minutes to read this information and you will be well prepared to make some crucial decision that will improve your performance. Make sure you don’t make any of the 10 biggest mistakes.
What it takes to fuel for An Olympic Distance
The average competitor will take between 2-3 hours for this event.
5 Key things you need to for nutrition
1. Keep fluid intake during exercise between 550-800/ml per hour.
2. Keep Calorie consumption to a maximum of 300 cal / hour. (1260 kj/ Hr)
3. Measure exactly what calories/kj you are consuming. Taking too much is worse than not enough!
4. Separate your hydration from your nutrition on the bike to stop confusion. Have 1 bottle for each.
5. Only consume complex Carbohydrates until the last 20-30 minutes of the run.
Use some form of extra Endurolytes supplementation if you are prone to cramping. The longer and hotter your event the more you will need this.
Hammer’s preferred fuel use
– consume 1 bottle 750 ml of HEED (2 scoops – 200 calories) drink 1 750 ml bottle.
– If using Hammer Gel – consume 1 gel in the 1st 30 mins of the ride and then consume another 1 in the last 10 mins. Ensure you consume 750 ml water as well.
– If you are prone to cramping you may also consider consuming 1-3 Endurolytes per hour.
2. On the run take 1-2 Hammer Gels per Hour.
-Drink 550 -800 ml per hour. Avoid simple sugars until the last 20-30 minutes.
– If cramping is still an issue, continue using Endurolytes throughout the run.
3. When finished refuel within 20-30 minutes with Recoverite (2-3 scoops)